After incorporating in 1964, B & B Welding Company, Inc. changed ownership on October 1, 1971, and began the transformation from a portable welding company to a structural steel fabricator/erector. In the ensuing years it has become the area’s most advanced steel fabricator. On the last day of its 50th year, September 30,2021, it took delivery of a new 12,000# capacity Combilift from Ireland to complement the current equipment for material handling. A lovely anniversary gift that the staff will enjoy for years to come.
These photos show two original McShane Foundry bells originally cast in 1902 and 1910. They measure 50” and 53” at their widest. They have a wonderfully resonate and long lasting-reverb. The bells were purchased by Dennis McCartney and are proudly displayed in the front of our building and on the homepage of our website.
Henry McShane established the McShane Bell Foundry in Baltimore, Maryland at Holliday and Centre Streets in 1856. By the late 19th century, the business had produced tens of thousands of bells and chimes shipping them out to churches and public buildings and expanded to a large factory complex on Guilford Avenue. Over the past 150 years, the firm has produced over 300,000 bells for cathedrals, churches, municipal buildings and schools in communities around the world – including the 7,000-pound bell that hangs in the dome of Baltimore’s City Hall.
B&B Welding Rings in the New Year!
Video courtesy of The Seasoned Mariner restaurant, 601 Wise Avenue, Dundalk, MD 21222
Christmas 2019 brought the latest CNC machine to complement the multiple CNC tool chest currently used by B&B Welding. With the only drawn-over-mandrel pipe bender in the area, the addition of our Transfluid brand machine enables us to make better quality handrails with lightning speed. Come visit us and watch a 21ft piece of straight pipe become a stair and landing rail within minutes before your eyes.